MATERIAL

PRODUCTION FLOW OF RECYCLED LEATHER

A SUSTAINABLE ALTERNATIVE TO
REGULAR LEATHER

Unique Recycled Leather is obtained from industrial glove off-cuts, material that would ordinarily go to waste. 80% of our source material is animal leather, with the other 20% comprised of a mixture of vegetable & synthetic products. As innovatively sourced, waste-reducing material, it offers limitless potential with applications in fashion accessories, home decor and stationary. It is 100% safe to use. All our products are subject to rigorous SGS certification and contain no harmful substances.

60% | LEATHER FIBRES

(off-cut & scraps of leather fibres mainly as the unwanted by-products of industrial glove manufacturers)

30% | VEGETABLE ORIGIN

(latex/rubber, a natural binding agent product from rubber trees)

10% | SYNTHETIC

(water and pigments)

  • CONTENT

    Recycled Leather Fiber

  • HIDE SIZE

    140 x 110 cm in sheet

  • WEIGHT

    2.2 kg per sheet (1.2 mm thickness recycled leather)

  • THICKNESS

    0.8-2.0mm +/- 0.1mm

  • FINISHING

    Coating / Pigment

  • CERTIFIED AS RECYCLED LEATHER

    BS 2780:1983+A1:2013

  • RECYCLED CLAIM STANDARD 100 (RCS)

    Made with/Contains 100% Recycled Material
    Certified by Control Union CU 854600

  • CHROMIUM (VI)

    REACH , UV/VIS Spectrometry

  • AZOCOLOURANTS

    GC-MSD & HPLC-DAD/MS

  • PHTHALATES

    CPSIA Section 108

  • ABRASION RESISTANCE

    MARTINDALE 10.000

  • LEAD CONTENT

    ICP-OES

  • TENSILE STRENGTH (MODEL 2.0)

    Lengthwise 18 N/mm ² , Widthwise 18 N/mm ²

  • TEAR LOAD (MODEL 2.0)

    Lengthwise 18 (N) , Widthwise 18(N)

  • MAINTENANCE

    Recycled Leather is a natural product that is both robust and durable. Its inherently resilient nature means it requires little, if any, ongoing care. Occasional cleaning with a dry cloth is all that is necessary to maintain an attractive luster

Leather 2.0

*(Applications: Belts & Footwear)